» “Cure the Winter BLAHS!”
“Cure the Winter BLAHS!”
If you live in parts of the world were it’s cold and snowy it’s easy to get “The Winter Blahs.” People get depressed more often around this time of year, entrepreneurs who have seasonable businesses feel the financial and emotional crunch, and if you’re living with a Chronic Illness it can be a horrible time mentally and physically. So here are a few tips to kick those Winter Blahs and give your immune system a happy boost.
1. Do things that will place a smile on your face. Watch DVD’s that are Comedy based or Love Stories that make you feel warm and fuzzy inside. Go visit a Pet Store and cuddle with a furry fellow. Check out a comedy show. Did you know that laughter reduces stress, lowers blood pressure, improves your heart health and workout out your abs?
2. Eat more berries or drink smoothies that contain berries because they are filled with antioxidants that will give the body a great boost. And the darker the berry the better the juice. Blueberries are anti-inflammatory and they help to ward off inflammation found in patients with chronic disease such as lupus.
3. Exercise at least three times out of a week. Physical activity for 30 minutes or more helps build your self-esteem and improve your positive self image; alleviate anxiety (it can calm you), release endorphins that make you feel happy, ward of depression and prevent cognitive decline. As we get order our minds get a bit hazy effecting our memory and the abilitiy to learn new things. Exercise work wonders for the body from head to toe, literally.
4. Periodically place fresh flowers throughout your home or office because they give you a boost metally. Research show that flowers trigger happy emotions. They heighten feelings of life satistaction and affect social behavior in a positive manner.
5. Make sure to treat yourself to something special. Get a massage, book a room at a near by hotel and do nothing for the weekend, take a painting class or schedule a day of fun and games with your closets friends. Do something that makes you HAPPY!